Re: 58 Plymouth front valence question

From: Billy-Jack Ebare
Email: ebare73@yahoo.ca
Remote Name: 24.70.144.97
Date: April 19, 2003

Comments

On the 1958 Plymouth models there was available as an option stainless pieces for that lower valance that you are refering to. They most certainly were not painted silver from the factory. However I would bet any money that this trick has been tried by someone out there to try to give the impression that there was chrome when there really wasn't. There are five pieces, each slightly shorter than the next from top to bottom. They are a little less than a 1/4 inch in width, and span the width of the valance ribs. Finding a set shouldn't be that hard, as they did put them on even the cheaper 4 door models. Furthermore they are made of stainless, so even if they are a bit twisted up they are quite repairable. I'm sure if you checked Desert Valley Auto, or any reputable vintage auto salvage yard, you would be in the game for a set...Just make sure you get the whole set, because it might prove difficult piecing a set together......Good luck!

Last changed: March 03, 2024