Chrysler distributor help

From: Ray
Email: oldsfast@aol.com
Remote Name: 152.163.188.197
Date: April 29, 2003

Comments

I need some help. I have a '61 361 engine with a single point distributor. The only numbers that I can see on the plate(upside down with a mirror) are 4005E. I would like to know if this was a standard distributor for Chryslers in 1961. When I look in the catalog from Atlas Chrysler Obsolete, they list this number as used in 61. I just got of the phone with an expert at Pertronix(electronic points replacement).He is telling me that he has never heard of this distributor and of course the part they sold me won't fit something that didn't come on 61 Chryslers.. Is my distributor that weird? Does anyone one know of a points replacement kit that will work? Thanks, Ray

Last changed: March 03, 2024