Several HMN vendors sell OEM-type belts

From: Daven Anderson
Email: 1961fury@springmail.com
Remote Name: 207.223.115.150
Date: May 02, 2003

Comments

Pick up a copy of Hemmings Motor News and you can get seatbelts in the 'chrome-buckle' style that closely matches what a dealer would have installed in 1960. I have those in my cars but those buckles can get a bit hot to handle in the summer (just to warn you)! Since dealer-installed belts were not unheard of in 1960, and if you use the chrome-buckle style used then, I don't see how a purist could get offended. (and if they were, it's better to offend them than to hit that metal dash, thinly padded or not!) Reinforcements around the floor mounting points are a must, some of the seat belt vendors sell these and they can be custom-made as well.

Last changed: March 03, 2024