Re: 61 FURY FUSE PANEL ?

From: Bill
Email: wlammon@nvc.net
Remote Name: 64.68.173.54
Date: May 02, 2003

Comments

When I first got my 58 Plymouth back in high school I searched for days looking for the fuse panel. Finally after talking to a mechanic did I learn there was no fuse box. The wire running to the ciggarette litter had be replaced at some point. One day when I was working on the car I turned the ignition on. That wire caught fire. I thought the entire dash was going to go. I got it out and got rid of that wire. I spent several weeks inspecting the rest fo the wiring afraid soemthing else was going to ignite. Have not had anyprobelms since. As long as the wire is original you should be okay. That replacment wire was just too small and wasn't properl insullated.

Last changed: March 03, 2024