Re: Eastwood? - more info please

From: Brian Cooper
Email: 57plymouth@earthlink.net
Remote Name: 64.95.51.249
Date: May 06, 2003

Comments

Eastwood is a huge restoration tools supplier, they are also expensive. To get a chrome-like shine you will have to strip the anodizing, which is best done with sandpaper, then polish with a buffing wheel. Use a sewn cotton buff with grey compound to smooth it and a loose cotton or flannel buff with white compound to make it really pop. You should know that if you do just the headlight rings, the grill, eyebrow trim, and lower hood trim will all look bad, so expect to do it all. I spent months on mine, but I didn't even strip the anodizing. I just cleaned all the dirt off and polished the anodized surface and all the stainless, which was grey from sander marks.

Last changed: March 03, 2024