Re: Mounting a 392 in a Dodge, PLEASE HELP!!!

From: Mike P
Email: mchr@theriver.com
Remote Name: 216.39.176.222
Date: July 10, 2003

Comments

Your probably aware of this, but the stock can type motor mounts have the mounting bolt placed eccentric to the center of the rubber. Will it fit by spinning these out to their furthest point? I'm doing a 354 into a 57 plymouth which has the same engine compartment (unfortunatly on the back burner again). The reason I ask is because I have talked to other people who have done this swap and no one has said they had a problem with mounts. If turning them out won't work, you may have to do what I did and cut the old frame mounts off and relocate them. (Mine was a 6 cyl car and this had to be done as the frame mounts were completly different)

Last changed: March 03, 2024