Engine miss

From: Restopaul
Email: restopaul@hotmail.com
Remote Name: 67.74.88.171
Date: July 13, 2003

Comments

I have a bad miss in my truck at idle. It won’t even stay running at idle when it’s cold. The problem seemed to come on all at once. It’s a Poly 318 with a 57 Fury intake and dual Edelbrock 500cfm carbs. I’ve checked for vacuum leaks. My little neon tester says each plug is firing. I pulled one plug wire at a time to try and narrow it down to one cylinder. Pulling the lead on cylinders 5,6,7 & 8 (the back two on each bank) seems to have no effect. The engine and everything on it has only 7000 miles since new. I’m running a Pertronix igniter and tried their suggestions for rough running. Tried a different distributor cap for the heck of it. Considered swapping carbs from front to back, but I figured I would pick everyone’s brain first. Any suggestions greatly appreciated…Paul

Last changed: March 03, 2024