Hard to hit the mark when you don't know whereitis!

From: chrycopsycho
Email: erikaase@telus.net
Remote Name: 207.6.185.245
Date: July 20, 2003

Comments

Trying to get the 383 in my 60 plymouth running right to no avail.It ran strong and beautifully before I transplanted it from the 60 chrysler. After extensive use of "process of elimination" we have determined that the timing mark on the pulley is out by a couple of inches!We removed #1 plug,put our finger in the hole,cranked the engine over and noticed that compression happened noticably after the pulley timing mark passed O degrees.How is this possible and how can one rectify this problem and set the timing accurately.

Last changed: March 03, 2024