Re: Hard to hit the mark when you don't know whereitis!

From: casey
Email: krmustang.com
Remote Name: 67.74.128.40
Date: July 20, 2003

Comments

i think your problem is simple. i stab dist. several times a month. whenever i bump the engine over with my finger in the hole the compression comes up and blows my finger out of the hole. when i look at the mark it's always about an inch past tdc. so i manualy turn the crank back to 0 or 10btc and stab the distributer. i bet if you turn the engine back to 0 the pistons still up top. i think your overreacting a little from lack of experiance. bump it over with your finger in the hole til it compresses then turn the crank back to 0 or 10. stab it and she will run. hope this helps. kevin

Last changed: March 03, 2024