60 chrysler unibody!Does 3500 lbs make sense?

From: chrycopsycho
Email: erikaase@telus.net
Remote Name: 209.121.84.171
Date: July 28, 2003

Comments

I've stripped two cars in the last year, one a 56 desoto 4dr sedan and the other a 60 chryler 4dr sedan. Both had ony the "hulk" left as I can't bear to throw away something that a fellow forward looker might want. When I towed them to the scrap dealer the desoto weighed in at 2020 lbs while the chrysler weighed in at 960 lbs! No wonder chrysler went to unibody construction which leads me to my question: when did ford and gm go to unibody?

Last changed: March 03, 2024