Re: 60 chrysler unibody!Does 3500 lbs make sense?

From: Joe Mac
Email: mopar58@aol.com
Remote Name: 64.252.99.248
Date: July 28, 2003

Comments

I don't think Ford and GM ever fully converted to unibody. I think their full size rear drive cars have always been body-on-frame. On exception I remeber was a Lincoln ('60 maybe?) that was unibody. It required so much reinforcement due to its size that it turned out to be heavier than the "framed" car. I also think Rambler (AMC) was the first to go all unibody. That's my recollection anyway.

Last changed: March 03, 2024