Re: Brake light problem

From: John Z
Email: fins59@charter.net
Remote Name: 68.113.235.4
Date: July 29, 2003

Comments

Sounds like your switch (screwed into bottom of master cylinder) is shot. I too, went to a below dash brake lite switch out of necessity. I replaced my master cyl & booster with one from a "75 Plymouth Duster and used that switch. Brake pedal holds button in.....when you apply brake, button comes out and brake lite goes on. You attach the 2 wires from your original brake lite switch to the 2 wires on your new switch. Its kind of tricky attaching switch so pedal activates it properly, but easy way to do it is to use a small C clamp (1 inch) and attach it temporarily to see how it works before you drill holes to attach it permanently.

Last changed: March 03, 2024