57 D-500 Hemi motor question

From: Matt Menges
Email: kansasbodyworks@sbcglobal.net
Remote Name: 64.123.119.46
Date: July 31, 2003

Comments

I just bought a complete carb to pan D-500 hemi. It is stamped D500-4336 on a boss to the right of the oil filler neck. I was told this was a 57 D-500 motor, but how can I make sure? The valve covers are red, the intake and block are silver. It has a Carter 4 barrel on it with the tag (but I did not look at the number, if it makes a difference, I can get that too). The motor still has a trans attached, so maybe it can be identified with this, too. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and enjoy! Matt

Last changed: March 03, 2024