Re: 1961 Deluxe Steering Wheel

From: Mike B
Email: saukriversetters@isomedia.com
Remote Name: 66.114.157.145
Date: August 01, 2003

Comments

That is pretty much the whole story as far as I have been able to tell. It is called an Aero Wheel, semi square in shape, and for the life of me I do not know where the Aero part of the name came from. Airplanes of the era didn't use any thing resembling this wheel. I wish you could get a fresh one for $11.00 now.!! I received a quote from a very well known vendor who repairs these wheels. Try $1100.00 to re-chrome the steel frame and re-cast the plastic (both the center color section and the upper and lower clear with glitter). Makes that one on E-bay last month look mighty good for the $450.00 or so it went for. Mike

Last changed: March 03, 2024