Differential Distress

From: Rockey H
Email: rockey1@swbell.net
Remote Name: 66.140.93.19
Date: August 08, 2003

Comments

After trying multiple sources, I seem to have hit a brick wall in my search for a new ring and pinion for my 57 coronet. The gears in my 741 case (1 3/8" pinion) differential are trashed and no one I've tried can supply replacements. I'd really like to keep the original rear end, but am now considering swapping in an E-body 8 3/4 unit which I've seen discussed here before. Has anyone actually made this swap? I know the spring perches are close enough to work okay, but I'm a little concerned about tire clearance. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Last changed: March 03, 2024