Just an idea...

From: Bill in SD
Email: wlammon@nvc.net
Remote Name: 64.68.174.39
Date: August 28, 2003

Comments

When I first started my restoration project I did it with making it look like a "Christine" not a factory fresh car. Well being into customizing and hot rodding I got an idea for the heater core box. I have several originals but as most of you are aware they are made out of a fiber plastic. 45 years later they are not as strong as they used to be. I broke off a chunk when I went to reinstall it. I was going to just clean up another one well I got an idea...why not fabricate a new housing out of metal? It could either be painter or sent out for chrome. The shape is simple enough and it would be a lot stronger and look even cooler. hAs anyone else tried this?

Last changed: March 03, 2024