Re: Cast Iron Torqueflite (A466 series) Torque Converter Rebu...

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc@aol.com
Remote Name: 205.188.209.37
Date: August 28, 2003

Comments

Lee....Glad to hear you are finally putting it back togther! I think I am just at that point of final disassembly/repair before the assembly stage. Thanks for the info. The TC should be OK from the condition of the Torqueflite, but I am leery of 40-odd years of stagnant Trans Fluid just sitting in this thing. Best to have it rebuilt anyway, as the engine is going to be rebuilt to factory (320+ HP) state, and the trans was rebuilt, so I do not feel like having the TC as the weak link. Rather bust a rear axle. They are easier to work on! I will see if I can find the number and call them. If not, will contact you off board for details.

Last changed: March 03, 2024