Re: Maybe this one IS Christine! - Weird carb problem

From: J Hendricks
Email: my57firesweep@hotmail.com
Remote Name: 65.164.19.56
Date: September 01, 2003

Comments

That "big piston thing" raises and lowers your metering rods in and out of the jets. Since it was stuck all the way down i am guessing that there is something lodged inside that mechanism that makes it seize up, causing fuel to build up inside of the carb and eventually flood the vehicle out. Does it start after you let it sit or will it start right back up?? If the carb is bad, you can get rebuilt Carter BBDs from just about any parts store for about 100 bucks...and they come with all new internals usually. I bought one for my poly 318 to replace the stromberg 2bbl WW3 and it works great. just a suggestion.... Jon

Last changed: March 03, 2024