DUMMY DUMMY DUMMY- disc 2, additional footage.

From: Billy-Jack Ebare
Email: ebare73@yahoo.ca
Remote Name: 24.76.48.195
Date: September 03, 2003

Comments

Kevin. You raise some good points on this very debatable issue. I guess we'll just have to wait to see if there is enough interest out there for a film company to take interest in a part 2 to Christine. I will say this though... You're right that Mustangs are a lot more common than the Forward Look Mopars. However, whether they made Gone in 60 seconds 3-4 years ago or not, is immaterial to this issue. 1967 Mustang fastbacks are by no means a cheap collector car. They're fetching high dollars wherever you look, and are one of the more sought after muscle cars. (Not that I like em)... Also, just because they are quite common doesn't mean that they are any less of a collector car that shouldn't be preserved. To compare a movie like the Hulk to a possible "Christine sequel" movie isn't possible either. First of all, the Hulk figure in the movie looks blatantly fake, (I think he was compared to a dogs chewy toy in one of the magazine reviews I read). Secondly, I would argue that the computer generated special effects from 1992's terminator 2 are far better than that of the recently released Hulk film, and probably equal to most other high budget special effects laden movies coming out today. As far I'm concerned, T2 set the bar for all special effects films to strive for, and will go down in history as one of the best of all time when it comes to computer imagery.. Like I said, I would be very surprised if a part two to Christine will ever happen. Based on the fact that it never did that well at the box office on its first go around back in 1983. Whether we like to admit it or not, film making is a business, and a profitable one at that. I have to say, I hope you're right about all the up and coming technology. Not one Forward look car should be wasted to make a film like Christine "part two." If there is, it would be a great loss to us all....

Last changed: March 03, 2024