Re: More Poly 318 Rebuilding Questions

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc<at>aol.com
Remote Name: 192.75.238.205
Date: September 10, 2003

Comments

Kenny.... The later electronic distributor will work with old intermediate shaft and old oil pump. Advantage of the later oil pumps is availability and detaily higher flow at pressure. Also the hex drive is better to drive the pump. You have to get an adaptor to fit the pump on early blocks (bolt positions are different as I remember.) I think you can get this piece from several sources. Bottom line is if your present pump is good or you have a new poly pump, then I would use it, as you would have to fab a new pickup for the high volume 340 pump anyway. Put the money into a good set of rings and good timing chain!

Last changed: March 03, 2024