Re: 57 Chrysler poly to hemi questions

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc <at> aol.com
Remote Name: 64.12.96.167
Date: September 27, 2003

Comments

A '57 Windsor 354 poly block is the same as a 1956 New Yorker 354 hemi block, for all intents and purposes. If you have the parts to make it a true hemi, then order parts for a '56 New Yorker for your engine. The bore on a 354 is 3.90", and the 392 is 4.00". You can pretty safely overbore a 354 the 0.10" you desire, but if I were you I would keep the bore as close to stock as possible, as this will allow future boring if another rebuild becomes necessary.

Last changed: March 03, 2024