Re: 59 Desoto 361 2 BL convert to 4 Bl off 383, okay to do??

From: Herman
Email: hplpp@airmail.net
Remote Name: 66.94.129.106
Date: September 30, 2003

Comments

Alumcan is right! The Windsor intake won't work at all - it's too wide. The good news is, any "regular" 383 or 400 intake will bolt right on. It's been a while, but I remember the intake ports being somewhat larger for 383 & 400 than the 361. The difference in ports between 361 & 383 is relatively small, so I'd find one and bolt it on. If you are a stickler for high performance, just open up the 361 intake ports to match the 383 intake. Good luck. Herman

Last changed: March 03, 2024