Re: Big Block Crank Swap Question

From: Joe Mac
Email: atwork.com
Remote Name: 64.252.106.173
Date: October 02, 2003

Comments

Kenny, Back when I was having trouble finding oversize pistons for the rebuild of my 350 I wrote to one of the Mopar hipo mags to ask if I could bore it out to standard 361 size. I was told "Yes, that will work, but why do that when you can park the 350 block, swap the crank into a 400 and get the benefit of extra power". I didn't go that way because I wanted to keep the original block but it's interesting to note that its possible. I don't know of any internal differences (including rods) that would prevent the swap.

Last changed: March 03, 2024