FL-era 4-dr. HT's would be sharp to fix up!

From: Daven Anderson
Email: 1961fury<at>Leapmail.net
Remote Name: 204.32.203.12
Date: October 07, 2003

Comments

I have a fixed-up '60 Plymouth wagon, so I sure appreciate the wagon thing, BUT I think 4-door hardtop '56-'61 Mopars have GREAT rooflines and would make neat projects. (and rare enough to REALLY stand out at a car show!) The 4-door sedans might be the future of this hobby. Look at what the teenagers think are 'hot cars' today: The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, the Subaru WRX STI and the Dodge Neon SRT-4, which are all 4-door sedans. This suggests that when some of this generation wants to fix up an old car 10-20 years from now, they may not be as prejudiced against 4-door sedans as 'we' are! The fans of these three modern cars think performance itself is cool, not necessarily a 2-door body (The SRT-4 will blow the 2 doors right off of the 'cool' Cavalier coupe!). This is the kind of crowd I could see stuffing a 572" wedge into a FL-era Plymouth/Dodge 4-dr. sedan....

Last changed: March 03, 2024