Re: why does everyone call their car "RESTORED"

From: Tony in Idaho
Email: acboatman@aol.com
Remote Name: 207.225.37.233
Date: October 09, 2003

Comments

I think each of us uses terminology a little differently. I call my 57 Dodge CRL "refurbished" instead of "restored," since it originally came from the factory with charcoal/white paint and now it is turquoise/white (still correct 57 Dodge colors). The interior was also completely redone, using period correct but not original materials. Other than that, the car has not been modified/changed in any way, but with those two differences I hesitate to refer to it as "restored" but that's me. BTW, my car looks terrific in its turquoise garb, and I'd never consider returning it to its original colors. I'm sure others feel completely differently about these issues, but that's where I'm at on this.

Last changed: March 03, 2024