Re: Very hard brake pedal on '55 NYer problem

From: Adam
Email: eyemachina@hotmail.com
Remote Name: 66.188.144.190
Date: October 22, 2003

Comments

I think this must have been the problem (don't know how it happened though). I needed the car drivable again so I put the booster and MC back on last night. After bleeding the MC quickly, sure enough, the brakes worked just like they should! There were some rust flakes in the stuff that came out of the bleeder, but I'm not 100% sure if they were actually inside the cylinder since the brake fluid I collected from the bleeder went down the side of the rusty MC first. Either way, it's fixed now, so that saved me a lot of time and money :)

Last changed: March 03, 2024