Clippity-Clop Brakes

From: Carter S.
Email: Csandvik@swansonshealth.com
Remote Name: 64.12.96.78
Date: October 25, 2003

Comments

I bought a '60 Chrysler Windsor 2 dr hdtp a couple of weeks ago and drove the 250 miles home. The car runs like a champ. It had new wheel cylinders and shoes put in a couple of years ago and probably has less than 1,000 miles on the brake job. The brakes worked good enough, but I was getting an embarrassing howling noise every time I rolled to a stop and the brake pedal was pulsating a bit. I pulled the drums off the front and had them turned, one of them was warped. I put the drums back on and took the car for a spin. No more howling, but now, every time I step on the brakes, they make a clicking noise, which slows as the car slows. It almost sounds like horseshoes on a cobblestone street or like the shoes are doing a tapdance on the drums. I readjusted the shoes according to a '58 DeSoto manual that I have, and it made no difference. Anyone have any suggestions? I can't figure it out. Basically, all I did was pull the drums and put them back on. The brakes never clicked before and it's something I've never experienced. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Carter Sandvik

Last changed: March 03, 2024