Re: Paint Costs

From: Herman Parker
Email: hplpp@airmail.net
Remote Name: 66.94.133.38
Date: November 16, 2003

Comments

Hi Chuck, This is the second time lately I've heard about outragious prices for the paint alone! Is the paint being sold today more safe or enviromentally friendly? Will the paint outlast the paint sold in 1982? I last painted a car in '82 and used Dupont Centurion metallic brown - it cost $75.00 a gallon and still looked great 8 years later when I sold the car. I haven't had time to check this out yet, but I'm told this same paint costs over $250.00 a gallon today. Where is the justification for the price? I don't even want to think about the cost for upholstery. Herman

Last changed: March 03, 2024