59 New Yorker Steering column - help please

From: Chris
Email: chrisbaileyus@comcast.net
Remote Name: 204.149.80.4
Date: November 17, 2003

Comments

I need to get my power steering gear out of my 59 New Yorker for a rebuild. But I'm having trouble getting the steering gear box off the end of the steering column. Í've followed the manual but that says I should be able to slide back the steering column jacket and then push out a pin in the column. I've got all the bolts out and taken the clamp ring off the jacket but can't make it slide back - is this just because I'm not pulling hard enough or have I missed something? I don't want to break anything! Thanks for your help Chris

Last changed: March 03, 2024