Re: who's got an answer for this one ????

From: Al Houghton
Email: maxnbert@shaw.ca
Remote Name: 24.76.59.36
Date: November 18, 2003

Comments

Hi Chuck, years ago my wife had an AMC Pacer that was an automatic, it was dangerous because it would start no matter what gear it was in. I found that some previous owner had installed the wrong solenoid , when i installed the right solenoid the car would only start in park or neutral, as it was designed to do. I cant remember the specific detail of the solenoid but it had to do with the number of terminals, and obviously it was tied in with the neutral safety switch. I hope ive put you on the right track....Al

Last changed: March 03, 2024