Re: 57-58' Leaf spring question

From: Neil Vedder
Email: esierraadj@webtv.net
Remote Name: 209.240.205.61
Date: November 27, 2003

Comments

John, "depending" on what you are trying to accomplish, with your car, what I did, to beef-up my 57 Dodge's rear springs, was find a nice set of stationwagon springs, from a 'wrecker/parter-outer', (in my case: a '62 Chrysler), and then I KEPT my car's long-leaf (to maintain the overall-length, of the springs, & then , merely 'stacked' the s'/w' leafs on top (or, is 'that': below!) of my main-leaf--worked like a CHARM!!! Stationwagons have more/stiffer leafs than sedans. Try THIS first!! Neil Vedder

Last changed: March 03, 2024