Re: 60 Desoto with fish bowl

From: Mark
Email: In the know
Remote Name: 66.190.243.43
Date: December 09, 2003

Comments

I have a buddy who has owned both a 60 and 61 DeSoto. They were essentially the same as a Dodge dash, but with a few Desoto particular items. The fishbowl dash you describe, aka Astro-dome dash is a 1960-1962 Chrysler-only unit. These were lit by electroluminescence, with the exception of pushbuttons, turn arrows, high beam and parking brake lights. Those were light by conventional bulbs. These dashes are beautiful and simply astounding at night. Though somewhat quirky now, at the time they were the envy of any american production car dash. Incidentally, JC Restorations in Washington State can restore these dashes to like new operation - spendy but well worth the effort and $$$. My 2 cents. Mark

Last changed: March 03, 2024