58 N/Yer Brake Master Cylinder packaging

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc <at> aol.com
Remote Name: 192.75.238.205
Date: December 12, 2003

Comments

That master cylinder seems to fit on my 1956 DeSoto, which also calls out the same master cylinder as you should have had stock. The issue has to be that the bellows booster and the 392 engine must be both larger to the extent of reducing the available room for it to package. You might try to use an aftermarket master cylinder that uses remote reservoirs. What is the maximum height and width that you think you may be able to tolerate? Also, is there more side clearance to the engine or fenderwell side, and how much? This may give me an idea on what might fit.

Last changed: March 03, 2024