Re: driveline vibration in 57 DeSoto

From: Kenny J.
Email: kjosephson@whocares.com
Remote Name: 65.177.241.108
Date: December 19, 2003

Comments

In the case of my '59 Plymouth, the housing for the front U-joint was worn. Even with a new "cross" and new ball nd needle bearing assemblies, there was enough clearance to cause a nasty vibration that began at about 50 mph. Another possibility, though remote, is a shop could have machined the brake drums too far and if the drums overheated and distorted during a period of heavy braking, this could also cause a vibration. I believe somebody else mentioned that a loose parking brake drum or a malajustment or distortion in the parking brake assembly could cause a driveline vibration.

Last changed: March 03, 2024