automatic choke

From: pierpaolo
Email: pierpaolo@tiscali.co.uk
Remote Name: 81.7.61.155
Date: January 12, 2004

Comments

I am trying to repair the automatic choke of my 1955 chrysler windsor - 301 poly V8. It works with a thermostatic coil spring heated by a hose from the exhaust manifold. I have replaced the hose that was completely obstructed, but the spring is still not receiving hot air. I would like to avoid to remove the exhaust manifold, does anibody know how is made the heater element inside the manifold, and if is possible to clean it without removal? The shop manual doesn't give any detail about the heater (the so called "stove"). I tried to blow air inside it, but it seems it is not possible. Is it obstructed or has it a closed end? Thanks, Pierpaolo

Last changed: March 03, 2024