Re: poly bellhousing bolt pattern vs later engine pattern

From: Paul Hoffmeyer
Email: paulhmopar@sbcglobal.net
Remote Name: 68.21.131.217
Date: January 20, 2004

Comments

There is another problem problem with putting an LA bellhousing on an early poly or hemi block, and that is that the dowel pin locations are different; over an inch difference side to side between them. I have 2 318's from '60 Dodge Darts, and an LA housing simply will not fit. Later polys ('62 and up?) may be the same as the LA. I don't mean to be difficult, but that is my experience. Paul H

Last changed: March 03, 2024