Re: Distributor in the flattie

From: bill nielsen
Email: xiaobier@wolfenet.com
Date: January 31, 2001
Time: 02:53:56

Comments

I did one of these for my beloved P-18, using mid-seventies MoPar pickup coil which I stuffed into the stock distributor body with an O.E. ignition module (a wiring harness is available from Mopar Performance, to boot). The stuff was packed in so tight that I had to make my own distributor rotor out of epoxy putty to clear the pickup coil. Hassle.

For my current D-24 project, I intend to modify a later body to fit in the flathead block which will allow me to use all stock internals (advance mechanism, cap, rotor, etc.). Let me know if you're interested; I can make one for you as well.

Last changed: March 03, 2024