Re: 56 Belv -Leaking Shift cable

From: George Laurie
Email: desoto58@tpg.com.au
Date: January 22, 2002
Time: 07:35:30

Comments

I have found that the simple answer to the cable leaking from the outer cover, is to take the end out of the trans, slip a piece of snug fitting black fuel hose over it that is long enough to come about half way up the firewall (don't forget the clamp for the bottom end ) slip the cable back in, do up the clamp on the nice solid metal part of the cable that sticks out from the trans, and you leak is fixed! I have been using this easy fix for years over here in Australia where we are short on such new parts, regards George.

Last changed: March 03, 2024