Re: Mopar VS Chevy

From: Dick Whelan (Fintastic57)
Email: rgwhelansr@aol.com
Date: January 29, 2002
Time: 21:12:56

Comments

Lots of interesting opinions here, so I'll add my 2 cents. Nothing against Chevys as my wife and I have a 66 Caprice and 82 Camaro IPC. We have a Wensday night cruise in at a resturant in the next county that routinely draws 800 to 900 cars. (The Log Cabin in Macedon NY). The parade of Chevys and Vettes go by and nobody pays much attention, but when we take the 57 red and white Plymouth hardtop with Gold Fury trim people follow us down the aisle till we park so they can see us open the hood to show off that Silver and Gold Fury motor with the big chrome air cleaners that all the kids think are "Superchargers" We have taken all our cars but none draws the attention that the Plymouth does. As to the "superior" 57 Chevys, this past summer my wife began showing her newley restored and detailed 59 Rambler Custom Sedan that had belonged to her Dad. Atmany of the multi make shows she was grouped with the "classic Chevys" Well in 8 of those shows owners of 57 Chevys with up to $75,000 restorations had to go home having lost to a Rambler,so life can be fair after all!

Last changed: March 03, 2024