Wanted: 1956 Firedome Parts

From: devon
Email: devonalcorn@hotmail.com
Date: February 25, 2002
Time: 13:25:40

Comments

I am beginning the tear-down, build-up of a 1956 DeSoto Firedome 2 dr HT. I am excited about my project as the car is straight, 99% rust-free 2 owner CA car that is original and complete. Aside from the battery, the battery hold downs, the radial tires, I see very little to think it is not all original. Now, here is where I will make some of you cringe...I want to build it up a bit. I am not chopping or dropping. Here is what I am looking for: Four barrel manifold from a Fireflite (330 ci) Info about upgrading to a newer transmission and still keeping the push-button controls Info about exactly which carb would be able to bolt up to the manifold (I would like something better than what was stock in '56) Detailed information about disc brake conversion (ie: keeping power brakes, which master cyl will work, etc) Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you already to Eddie M. Hank Dozier for their help.

Last changed: March 03, 2024