Re: Wanted: 1956 Firedome Parts

From: Eddie M.
Email: Imperial57
Date: February 26, 2002
Time: 10:37:09

Comments

Devon, Performance Automotive Warehouse in California has a lot of stuff with old Hemis and adaptors for aftermarket add-ons. I presume you have the two-speed Powerflite trans. The bell housing and crankflange are different post 1961. SO if you got a torqueflite 1962-1964 you will have some modifications to make, including the rear cross member and mount. Not impossible, just challenging! The Powerflite can be rebuilt with good results. Kantor Auto Products in Boonton, NJ has kits. and there are a few other places that escape me right this minute. You got a fine looking car, and I wish you the best with it. Anymore help, just give a yell!

Last changed: March 03, 2024