Re: Need help making double flares

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc@aol.com
Remote Name: 192.75.238.204
Date: June 10, 2002
Time: 10:03:41

Comments

Can...Haven't copied my instructions yet. Trying to think if I still have them (probably, just weak brain cells). Go ahead and copy them for him, and if I do as well, that's bonus. Can't understand why the NAPA unit would not have instructions, and if I can make double flares, then most anyone cane. One word of caution if making doulbe flares on Stainless Steel. You have to mark the back side (below the flare tube clamp) and then take out the tube after the first deformation, and ANNEAL the tubing with a torch, then reinsert and do the double. Otherwise, the tubing splits from the work hardening.

Last changed: March 03, 2024