Re: Wheel Hub/Drum separation

From: Mopar Randy
Email: RandyBlizzard@aol.com
Remote Name: 152.163.188.200
Date: July 14, 2002
Time: 02:50:20

Comments

My understanding is that the hub and drum is a one piece assembly and is not to be separated "in the field". The studs are "Swedged" into the hub and I'm not sure what that process entails. I might suggest contacting an old time tire place or wheel and frame place for suggestions on replacement. I believe that this "swedging" is similar to bucking a rivet and that it is the studs that hold the bub and drum together. Good luck, and please post your final solution! Mopar Randy

Last changed: March 03, 2024