Re: Tranny leaks

From: David J
Email: david_jungen@hotmail.com
Remote Name: 64.132.0.51
Date: July 22, 2002
Time: 09:44:42

Comments

Hi, I'm the unfortunate poster of the major tranny leak a few posts down. Regarding the dipstick leak, are you parking with the tranny in neutral or in gear? I've heard that parking in gear will cause the tranny to leak out of the tube. Just throwing that out there in hopes that it helps, and also wondering if anyone else knows if that's true or not? The PO of my Dodge always parked it in gear as a "theft deterrent" and swears up and down that the tranny never leaked.... It's also now in a shop for a tranny leak, so... Thanks for reading, -David

Last changed: March 03, 2024