Also,more advanced automated animation programs

From: Daven Anderson
Email: l96lfury@springmail.com
Remote Name: 199.174.224.97
Date: July 30, 2002
Time: 20:23:20

Comments

As technology advances, programs can automate more and more of the action that presently has to be specified manually by a CG operator. Hollywood and others have economic incentives to have an automated "car crash" animation program,where you could simply take digital pictures of the car and the required background pictures and it will produce a car crash sequence that would require only minor refinements. The big car companies already use automated car crash programs to do virtual safety tests of the cars before the first prototypes are ever crash-tested in reality. As for those who say all-CG graphics don't provide a realistic-looking crash scene,I refer you to Sebulba's podracer crashing in "Star Wars: Episode I". I might add that the basic dynamics of what you see onscreen CAN be executed with home-level computer equipment by a dedicated person devoting a good portion of money and time (good DV equipment and specialized software as well!) to such a project...

Last changed: March 03, 2024