Re: 1955 300 positive ground 12 volt? Please help!

From: Thomas DeBusk
Email: cfdebusk@vt.edu
Remote Name: 128.173.37.35
Date: August 05, 2002
Time: 09:00:24

Comments

The positive terminal of the battery is connected to the generator. I think it's a good idea taking the starter out and testing it. Someone has suggested maybe the starter was converted to 12V and there's a step-down to the rest of the system. Don't know how I'd find that out. Barring that, it seems like I probably have the wrong starter relay. No wonder I can't find a fuse panel. Where is the circuit breaker for the interior lights & the headlights? Thomas

Last changed: March 03, 2024