Re: I re-read my own post and I answered my own question - pa...

From: Steven Dean
Email: stevend@atlantic.net
Remote Name: 63.10.130.169
Date: August 05, 2002
Time: 10:49:52

Comments

Well Alum... I suggest using the real deal for most of the action. The miniatures would be used only for the destruction. And when I say miniatures, I'm talking BIG miniatures. Like the semi at the end of "Terminator 2". That was a miniature. The trainwreck in "The Fugitive" -ditto. The problem with using a Honda Civic would be , first off, it's wrong wheel drive, the wheel bases and track widths are too short, and using a car such as an LTD or Caprise would be so expensive to convert to look right that miniature models would be the ultimate choice. What they did in Tucker was for a quickie rollover and it still didn't look right if you've see the film footage of the actual car that rolled. (supplement on the Tucker DVD) I'm very picky when it comes to detail, and I could fool the audience into thinking we were wrecking the real McCoy- errrr- Plymouth. So if anyone has 35 million laying around, we could finally do Stephen King's vision justice.

Last changed: March 03, 2024