Re: chromed plastic

From: Dave Lisiecki
Email: davel@patriotfire.com
Remote Name: 64.42.48.10
Date: August 05, 2002
Time: 17:12:29

Comments

I'm not quite sure if this will work on the parts you are referring to, but I used to remove "chrome" plating on styrene plastic model parts by soaking the by soaking them for several hours in liquid soldering flux (they were small parts). Maybe paste-type would work too, I don't know. Not sure how well it will work on your parts or if it will affect the plastic on the parts you are talking about. Might be worth experimenting with unless someone else comes up with an answer. Use caution with the chemicals, though.

Last changed: March 03, 2024