Re: LA and RB

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc@aol.com
Remote Name: 64.12.96.103
Date: March 05, 2003
Time: 20:18:24

Comments

Bob....My information on the "LA" moniker came from when I worked for Chrysler. As for LA block weights, the 273 weighs less than the 318 which weighs less than the 360. I will bow to the fact that an LA block could have been as light as 100#. That nickel-iron is much heavier than the carbon-grey iron used for later blocks. As a comparison, I have a Dodge Hemi 325 block that tips the scale at 178 pounds with cam bearings and main caps on it.

Last changed: March 03, 2024