Hello to all
Hep
Posted 2007-08-18 7:43 AM (#93586)
Subject: Hello to all

Just joined after getting a 56 Chrysler Windsor.I'm looking for a 4bbl manifold+carb and any suggestions for upgrading the ignition.
Thanx in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jsrail
Posted 2007-08-24 2:22 PM (#94223 - in reply to #93586)
Subject: RE: Hello to all

Expert

Welcome aboard Hep!  Any pics of your ride?  I sure like those Windsors.  I've got a '56 Dodge CRL, needs some work, but that's okay.  Where're you located?  I'm out in Scotsdale, AZ.

Jay

Hep
Posted 2007-08-26 10:34 AM (#94427 - in reply to #94223)

Jay-Thanx for the response, I've got some pictures but I'm not sure how to post them. I live in central Nevada. What does CRL Mean?? Any suggestions on ignition upgrades.Thanx again for the reply,I was thinking that maybe I'd got to a sight with a bunch of snobs, but you've restored my faith in "gearheads"
Hep
jsrail
Posted 2007-08-26 4:58 PM (#94447 - in reply to #94427)

Expert

Hep - 2007-08-26 7:34 AM Jay-Thanx for the response, I've got some pictures but I'm not sure how to post them. I live in central Nevada. What does CRL Mean?? Any suggestions on ignition upgrades.Thanx again for the reply,I was thinking that maybe I'd got to a sight with a bunch of snobs, but you've restored my faith in "gearheads" Hep

Hey Hep, there's a lot of guys around here who are cool and really helpful.  I also noticed that not many use the "region specific" forums though.  CRL stands for Custom Royal Lancer, the top-of-the line Dodge at the time.  If you do a search in the tech sections, you'll probably find your info on the ignition upgrades.  There's also a thread on posting pics, I know I always have a tough time with this.  I've began to use the Photobucket website and post from there.

What are the plans for yours?

Jay

Hep
Posted 2007-08-27 3:52 PM (#94560 - in reply to #94447)

Jay-Thanx for the reply,my imediate goal is make this goose a reliable cruiser,enventually I would like to restore it but I have a few other irons in the fire at the moment which are taking up most of my time (other cars,future business venture,retirement etc.)
I've located a salvage yard in nor.cal. that I'm going to visit soon and see if I can get some parts,I'll see if I can get some pictures and keep you posted.
Hep